|Flag Type:||Town Flag|
|Flag Date:||18th May 2013|
|Flag Designer:||Keith Shuck & David Angel|
|Adoption Route:||Town Council|
|UK Design Code:||UNKG7517|
|Pantone® Colours:||Blue 286, White|
|Certification:||Flag Institute Chief Vexillologist, Graham Bartram|
The Staining Windmill was built by a retired Ship’s captain in 1715 and produced grain until 1923 with its tower now being a Grade 2 Listed Building. In 1980 it was converted into a house but is still complete with working sails .
In 1810 a farmhouse in Staining obtained a drinks licence and soon became the Plough Inn which is positioned in the central cross roads of Staining and is an integral part of village life. The Plough Inn is here represented by an actual plough much similar to the sculpture that now sits in the centre of the village.
In 1865 a chapel and school were erected in Staining and later, circa 1895, became St Luke’s Church. This Church is an important part of village life and the tower of the Church has five crenulations which are symbolised by the five centre rectangles across the flag with the Cross of St Luke (an alternative name for the Celtic style of cross) displayed prominently.
The main colour of the flag is the blue of both the Staining School and also the Staining Juniors Football Teams which figure prominently in our local Leagues.
You are here: Home > Staining, Lancashire
Flag Institute Winter Meeting 2016
Search the Flag Institute website
all-day Northamptonshire – St Crispin’s ...
Northamptonshire – St Crispin’s ...
Oct 25 all-day
The county day was chosen as part of the vote that also selected the county flag. The other options in the vote can be considered to be other particularly appropriate dates on which the Northamptonshire[...]