Join or renew – it’s easy, great value and very rewarding.
Everyone is welcome. Expert or novice, vexillologist or vexillographer, flag geek or flag nerd. UK and worldwide. Individual, group or trade.
Why join or renew?
As a member of the Flag Institute, you become part of an international network of flag experts and enthusiasts.
Exclusive to members:
- you’ll receive copies of our twice-yearly, 48pp, full-colour magazine Flagmaster – in print and/or PDF
- you’ll enjoy exclusive access to our Flagmaster archive: every issue (No.1 to date) in PDF format
- identify individual articles using the full Flagmaster index
- browse, search, translate into your preferred language or convert text to speech
- you’ll keep abreast of worldwide flag publishing with our twice-yearly ‘What’s New in the Library?’ bulletin
- all the latest additions to the fully searchable catalogue (37,000+ items) of the William Crampton Library
- you’ll have voting rights and opportunities to volunteer as a trustee or officer
- you’ll receive a coveted Flag Institute pin
And of course our Spring and Winter conferences welcome everyone as speaker or delegate, as does the International Congress of Vexillology (ICV).
How to join or renew
- Online (secure payment system) | email the Flag Institute Administrator | call 07935 973072 (answerphone)
Note: new rates will apply from 1 April 2023.
- digital (£21)*
- print: UK (£28) | Europe (£37) | World (£44)**
- UK taxpayers may opt to Gift Aid their subscription (digital or print)
- from 1 April 2023: digital (£22); print – UK (£29) | Europe (£39) | World (£46)
- print: UK (£49) | Europe (£59) | World (£69)**
- for non-profit organisations: schools, libraries, colleges, museums, government departments etc.
- from 1 April 2023: UK (£51) | Europe (£62) | World (£72)
- print: UK (£69) | Europe (£79) | World (£84)**
- for commercial organisations: flagmakers, publishers etc
- from 1 April 2023: UK (£72) | Europe (£83) | World (£88)
* digital membership: Flagmaster in PDF | open to members worldwide
** print membership: Flagmaster by post | UK, Europe and World bands set by Royal Mail Postal Zone