The Flag Institute is marking its 50th Anniversary with a year-long Golden Jubilee programme in 2021/22.
The highlights include a virtual birthday party, two summer specials, and the traditional Winter and Spring Conferences.
Events will take place online or offer an online option, so flaglovers worldwide can enjoy all the celebrations.
Golden Jubilee programme
Saturday 23 April 2022: Spring Conference, David Game College, London | 50th Anniversary Gala Dinner
- Full details and free booking: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/flag-institute-spring-2022-conference-tickets-230496861317
- Free livestream option for Flag Institute members – JOIN NOW from £21!
- International line-up of speakers: Professor Dominic Bryan, Anton Pihl, Roger Ourset, John Hall
- Special Golden Jubileee exhibition: Who Dey Vex! by Bankoleart
- Gala dinner, conversation and incredible views of London – Ferus Suite, Doubletree Hilton, Tower of London
Saturday 20 November 2021: AGM | Winter Conference | President’s Drinks
- People’s History Museum, Manchester
Friday 3 September 2021: Summer Special 2 (online)
- Set sail on Merchant Navy Day with presentations on a maritime theme
Thursday 15 July 2021: Summer Special 1 (online)
Friday 23 April 2021 (St George’s Day): 50th birthday party (online)
- Toast the FI on the anniversary of its founding by Dr William Crampton on 23 April 1971
- Guest speaker: US film-maker Patrick O’Connor on his new documentary, Look Away, Look Away – charting the controversial history of the Mississippi state flag
- Trustees, members and special guests on their memories and views of the FI – past, present and future