Welcome to the William Crampton Library, situated in Hull’s historic Museum Quarter:
- the world’s largest flag research collection outside the USA
- 30,000+ items – all available for immediate consultation
- books; journals; press cuttings; images; original artwork; specifications; correspondence; private research collections; badges; ephemera; posters; wallcharts; flags and more
- international scope
- professionally curated, catalogued and indexed
- active development programme
- adding new items by exchange, donation, purchase or download
- cataloguing older material
- unique open-access, itemised catalogue
- twice-yearly catalogue updates available exclusively to Flag Institute members
- subject indexes
Visit or enquire
The library welcomes visits and enquiries from individuals and organisations worldwide.
Among them are Flag Institute members; other vexillologists; flagmakers; schools; academics; publishers; film, TV, theatre and media companies; government – local and national; diplomatic services; community groups; sports clubs and governing bodies; historic houses; visitor attractions and many more …
For more information, to make an enquiry or to arrange a visit, please contact the .