Founded in 1971, the Flag Institute is a UK charity working to promote interest in all aspects of flags and flag flying (vexillology); to foster knowledge and understanding; and to offer a unique free source of expert advice, information and comment. Membership is open to all. JOIN TODAY and find out more!
Join the Flag Institute
Novice or expert, vexillologist or vexillographer, flag geek or flag nerd – Flag Institute membership is open to all.
Individual, group and trade memberships are all available, priced according to band (digital, UK, Europe or World).
- Group membership is ideal for schools, libraries, colleges, museums, government departments (local or central) etc.
- Trade membership is designed for flagmakers, publishers and other commercial organisations.
Membership benefits include:
- Flagmaster: the authoritative, full-colour journal of the Flag Institute; new, expanded, 48-page format; delivered by post or (for digital members) by email as a PDF
- Spring and Winter Conferences (free registration): talk flags and make contact with members and speakers worldwide
- President’s Dinner (Winter)/President’s Drinks (Spring): extend your Conference day amid good food, good drink and good company
- Writing/speaking opportunities: share your research and enthusiasms via Flagmaster or the Conference podium
- William Crampton Library: explore the Flag Institute’s unique research and documentation centre
- PDF resources: free downloads + member-only downloads including Flagmaster (Issue 117 to date)
- International Congress of Vexillology (ICV): widen your horizons at the premier world premier flag gathering
- Expert media, enquiry and advisory services: ask the Flag Institute
- News: update via website, RSS, Facebook and Twitter
- Voting rights: shape the Flag Institute’s present and future
- Volunteering opportunities: contribute as a Trustee and/or Officer
- Flag Institute lapel pin
- Flag Institute Member/Trade Member logo
Membership rates 2019/20
- Individual: digital (£21); UK (£28); Europe (£37); World (£44)
- Group: UK (£49); Europe (£59); World (£69)
- Trade: UK (£69); Europe (£79); World (£84)
Please note: geographical bands are determined by postal address.
- UK: United Kingdom
- Europe: any country listed in Royal Mail Zone Europe
- World: any country listed in Royal Mail World Zone 1 or 2