Novice or expert, vexillologist or vexillographer, flag geek or flag nerd – Flag Institute membership is open to all.
Individual, group and trade memberships are all available, priced according to band (digital, UK, Europe or World).
- Group membership is ideal for schools, libraries, colleges, museums, government departments (local or central) etc.
- Trade membership is designed for flagmakers, publishers and other commercial organisations.
Membership benefits include:
- Flagmaster: the authoritative, full-colour journal of the Flag Institute; new, expanded, 48-page format; delivered by post or (for digital members) by email as a PDF
- Spring and Winter Conferences (free registration): talk flags and make contact with members and speakers worldwide
- President’s Dinner (Winter)/President’s Drinks (Spring): extend your Conference day amid good food, good drink and good company
- Writing/speaking opportunities: share your research and enthusiasms via Flagmaster or the Conference podium
- William Crampton Library: explore the Flag Institute’s unique research and documentation centre
- PDF resources: free downloads + member-only downloads including Flagmaster (Issue 117 to date)
- International Congress of Vexillology (ICV): widen your horizons at the premier world premier flag gathering
- Expert media, enquiry and advisory services: ask the Flag Institute
- News: update via website, RSS, Facebook and Twitter
- Voting rights: shape the Flag Institute’s present and future
- Volunteering opportunities: contribute as a Trustee and/or Officer
- Flag Institute lapel pin
- Flag Institute Member/Trade Member logo
Membership rates 2020/21
- Individual: digital (£21); UK (£28); Europe (£37); World (£44)
- Group: UK (£49); Europe (£59); World (£69)
- Trade: UK (£69); Europe (£79); World (£84)
Please note: geographical bands are determined by postal address.
- UK: United Kingdom
- Europe: any country listed in Royal Mail Zone Europe
- World: any country listed in Royal Mail World Zone 1 or 2