Founded in 1971, the Flag Institute is a UK charity working to promote interest in all aspects of flags and flag flying (vexillology); to foster knowledge and understanding; and to offer a unique free source of expert advice, information and comment. Membership is open to all. JOIN TODAY and find out more!
Flagmaster is the authoritative, full-colour journal of the Flag Institute journal – published since 1971, exclusively for members.
Each issue features updates and information on flags old and new, plus longer articles on a wide range of vexillological topics.
From Issue 160 Flagmaster will appear (in print or PDF) in a new 48-page format.
Do you have an article to contribute? If so, editor Jos Poels would love to hear from you.
Please contact Jos or any member of the editorial board:
- Jos Poels – editor-in-chief, professional vexillologist
- Graham Bartram – Flag Institute, Chief Vexillologist
- Alex Cachinero Gorman – journalist and blogger
- James Floyd – editor, Tak Tent (Scottish Heraldry Society)
- Ian Sumner – Flag Institute, Librarian
- Leigh Wetherall – Flag Institute, Convenor
Past issues of Flagmaster (Issue 117 to date) are available exclusively to members as PDF downloads in the Members’ Area here.
Not a member? Why not join the Flag Institute now.