Novice or expert, vexillologist or vexillographer, flag geek or flag nerd – the Flag Institute offers a warm welcome to members worldwide.
Individual, group and trade memberships are all available – priced according to band (digital, UK, Europe and World).
Join now and enjoy a wide range of benefits!
- Flagmaster: exclusive access to the twice-yearly, full-colour FI journal (48 pages; in print and/or PDF)
- Spring and Winter Conferences: attend for free and talk flags at these international meetings
- President’s Dinner/Drinks: round off each Conference in style
- Writing/speaking opportunities: share your research and enthusiasms
- William Crampton Library: explore the FI’s unique research and documentation centre
- PDF resources: exclusive access to a wide range of research including the Flagmaster Archive (No. 117 to date)
- International Congress of Vexillology (ICV): widen your horizons at this biennial world gathering
- Expert comment, enquiry and advisory services: ask the Flag Institute Media and Enquiry Teams
- News: update via website, RSS, Facebook and Twitter
- Voting rights: shape the Flag Institute’s present and future
- Volunteering opportunities: contribute as an Officer and/or Trustee
- Individual member: for individuals; digital subscribers receive Flagmaster in PDF only; UK taxpayers may opt to GiftAid their subscription
- Group member: for non-profit organisations, e.g. schools, libraries, colleges, museums, government departments
- Trade member: for commercial organisations, e.g. flagmakers, publishers
- Registered British Flagmaker: premium Trade membership for flagmakers who manufacture in the UK
Membership rates 2020/21
- Individual (UK): digital (£21); UK (£28)
- Individual (Europe/World)*: digital (£21); Europe (£37); World (£44)
- Group: UK (£49); Europe (£59); World (£69)
- Trade: UK (£69); Europe (£79); World (£84)
- Registered British Flagmaker: £250 (UK only)
For any membership enquiry please contact the Flag Institute Administrator.