The Register of British Flagmakers is a grade a Flag Institute membership open to companies manufacturing flags in the UK.
Manufacturers wishing to be considered for the scheme are required to submit the full postal address of their manufacturing facility in the UK, provide reasonable evidence of how long they have been manufacturing flags in the UK and pay a subscription in advance.
The Flag Institute Register of British Flagmakers is not a quality mark. It is intended to indicate only that a member manufactures flags in the UK, and their longevity in this respect.
Upon registration and acceptance, British flagmakers will be entitled to use one of the new Flag Institute Register of British Flagmakers marks, according to how many years the applicant has been manufacturing flags within the UK.
1. Full access to the Flag Institute’s new online vector storage drive, giving 24/7 real-time access to the largest and most up-to-date library of CMYK vectors in the world.
2. Be permitted to display their company name, logo, and contact details in the Flag Institute’s quarterly publication, Flagmaster (at the discretion of the Editor).
3. Be listed on the Flag Institute website as members of the Flag Institute Register of British Flagmakers.
4. Be listed as contacts, where appropriate, in Flag Institute press releases.
5. Have the opportunity to distribute advertising material at the Flag Institute’s bi-annual meetings.
Applications will be considered promptly and decisions made within seven days by the General Secretary of the Flag Institute after consultation with other council members. All such decisions will be subject to scrutiny and confirmation at the following Flag Institute Meeting (usually held in May and November). The Flag Institute reserves the right to de-register any manufacturer which ceases to be eligible for the scheme.
The Flag Institute will levy a small registration fee, to be paid annually in advance. Such fees will be used to further the educational and public-awareness aims of the Flag Institute in accordance with its constitution. The annual fee for registration is £250. British Flagmakers joining the Flag Institute Register of British Flagmakers will not be required to renew any existing ‘Trade Member’ subscription (saving a further £60).